Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I did a little research on your comment because it peaked my curiosity and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any signs of a manual handbrake with a physical lever on the Vantage model, just mentions of e-brake system.
Ha. Thanks. I know your curiosity is insatiable. Mine is an '18, smaller, lighter, prettier and more raw than the replacement hence why I got it. Hang on, I think I have a theme going here.

Handbrake is beautiful to look at but it is next to the door sill. Hence why I love hill start assist as it's a 6 speed manual. You do have to do your own throttle blips though. I like that too.

Ohh, that's certainly interesting and I believe a first..

I guess when they charge three times the cost of a M2, the bean-counters would easily rubber-stamp rear fixed caliper with the additional clamp, on a e-brakes - and even add a manual handbrake lever, just for good measure…

The handbrake placement is odd for a left-hand driver who is accustomed to it being in the center but like the thought that went into the ergonomics..

The independent brake hold mini-caliper makes sense as an extra safety measure in emergency braking.

The V12 Vantage mated to a manual transmission is modern deviant machine and would be my first choice. Even if the V8 is engineered to runs more efficiently. It's all about the boldness in that combo for me.. 😎
Davil's Vantage nor my road V12 Vantage has an EPB…it wasn't offered for that generation.

The auxiliary sliding caliper is for the Parking Brake which is Hand operated (rather than foot or electrical) and is quite sketchy TBH. It has absolutely nothing to do with Hill Start Assist (my road V12 Vantage doesn't even have that function).
Appreciate 3
Poochie9107.50
Davil6575.00
JTO245276.00