N240i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
I removed the xdrive emblem. But I still have a very faint raised outline of the emblem. It is etched into the paint. Can't really see it looking casually, but if you look very close it is observable. I followed the proper process, but this was the out come. For anyone that has done this, is your emblem faintly observable up close?
Not even in the slightest on mine.
Care to share a pic? Might be able to help.

Without seeing anything yet though, I suspect this is normal for now. There could be quite a bit of compound left behind when removing the emblem, and it could be tricky to remove it all properly. You start to walk a fine line of "am I going to damage my paint" while doing this, but you won't.

My process after removing the emblem is:
1. Remove all excess compound by hand. Always pull away from glue (opposite direction from where it's peeling)
2. Spray some googone on whatever compound is left. You can also spray some on a microfiber cloth, and apply it onto the area for a few minutes.
Once applied, rub the compound gently, but with pressure. Do this with the dry side of the microfiber cloth (to help loosen the compound), once you see it start to move around, use the wet side again to help wipe off.
3. Once clear of glue. Get dry cleaning spray, apply it to area that had compound/googone and clean thoroughly.

Hopefully that helps!
Appreciate 0