04-17-2024, 06:53 PM   #5
anthonyc4242
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
Why on earth they didn’t include a wired connection to CarPlay is beyond me.
When you’re in the car, take a look on your phone at the WiFi Settings. It should be connected to the car access point.

Does the connection status spin and spin like it’s trying to make a solid connection?
It connects and works nearly flawlessly, though sometimes I have to reconnect it because it doesn't show album art or the steering wheel controls for changing songs don't work. However, the main issue (and I can even overlook the missing album art, even in this brand-new $60k vehicle) is the intermittent stop-and-start music. It stops for 1-2 seconds then continues. Now, when I'm blasting it on the $875 HK sound system option—which is just about mandatory because the hi-fi system sucks, in my opinion, and the HK is just about basic—it stops. I feel this could potentially damage or blow my speakers, going from full volume to stopping and starting again. It, of course, ruins my drive quality. I don’t speed; all I do is listen to my music. That’s all I wanted. That's why I dumped my mechanically perfect F22 because the CarPlay sucked. It wasn't the main reason, but it was like the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of kicking it to the curb and getting a car six years newer, only to have the same issue, not even 24 hours after buying it. S.A.D.