03-08-2024, 12:09 PM   #3
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL4NCK View Post
That is strange behavior. The only thing I know that it could possibly be if things are operating normally (i.e. there isn't a malfunctioning sensor or other equipment) is that if the car battery isn't sufficiently charged it will refuse to remote start. What's weird is that I wouldn't expect to start and then shut off immediately in that case, but it could be related.

The other thing it could be related to is the battery in the key fob. I'm not sure why but it seems like an easy thing to try first- just replace that battery and see if it makes a difference.

A couple of times I have pressed three times but thought that I had only pressed twice. So I pressed another three times, only for it to start and then shut off within a couple of seconds. That seems very similar to what you're seeing so maybe something like that? Also try the other keyfob if you have it and see if that makes a difference.
All those make sense. But the car is a month old and the FOB battery should be fresh.

It gets weirder. I tried my main FOB again. It’s starts and turns off immediately. I tried a second time with the same FOB. Same thing. I grab the other FOB and triple click does nothing. I try the app and it also does nothing now.

I’ll check it all later…I need to drive somewhere. Thankfully no problem starting the car the normal way lol.
Appreciate 1
PL4NCK10.50