Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Newest video of G87 M2 in action!
Wow love it!

This is clearly BMW leaking these right? To spot it the second it leaves the garage seems a little too obvious. I couldn't care less, I hope these keep coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Don't know if it means anything, but that G87 tail light turn signal is definitely different than the G42. It's not the fact that it's orange, but that it's just a small square that blinks...the G42 has a full red bar that mirrors the light bar.
The taillight is the same is the M240i; the "light bar" is red in the US and doubles as both a turn signal/brake light and in the rest of the world the separated narrow light bar is amber and functions only as the turn signals.

Did you watch the video?

Totally agree with you that the light bar may be 100% the same, but the turn signal isn't a light bar at all… which leaves open the possibility of a different light altogether. Probably some wishful thinking in there too.
I saw the video and from what I deduce, a majority of the turn signal "light bar" is cropped out by camouflage but it's more or less the same taillight design as the G42.

And common sense will dictate that on a lower production vehicle like the M2, they have zero reason to add resources in revising the taillight, being that the M2 is merely a souped-up version of the 2 Series.

Some folks are also claiming that the headlight are unique to the G87 but there is no precedent for any standard M car having bespoke headlights (other the M5 CS yellow DRL), so knowing how BMW gets down, I have to see it to believe it.
Appreciate 0