View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 12:55 AM   #18
Track/S
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C, M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
Could it be coming from your brakes? Do you have slotted, drilled or dimpled brake rotors? Two piece (aluminum hat)? They have been known to click in some odd cases... usually on F chassis models.

There's a "friction disk" that goes between the rotor and hub, some people need it and some don't. Again for F chassis models. Here is the part description: This part is listed by BMW as BMW part number 31108053073 (31 10 8 053 073) and is described as a thin metal spacer that fits between the brake rotor and the wheel bearing hub on F22/F3X M Sport, F8X M2/M3/M4, F10 M5, F06/F13 M6, F85 X5M, and F86 X6M models. BMW may also call it a "Higher Coefficient Of Friction Disc". If you have ticking or clicking noises coming from the front wheels when cornering or braking it's likely caused by shifting movement between the rotor hat and the wheel bearing hub. This shim sits between them and fills in any tiny gaps and interfaces between the aluminum rotor hat and the iron hub. Note: BMW also recommends a thorough cleaning of the backside of the rotor hat and the wheel hub. No lubricant or anti-seize should be used.
I have same problem with the clicks when turning, I installed the friction disc and it did not disappear, another one needs to be installed between the brake disc and the rim, but I don't think this will solve the problem

Appreciate 0