11-22-2023, 08:16 AM   #6
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I hear ya. If I didn't care about waiting one move is to wait until there are 15K to 20K miles used car examples in the market to get a deal on one.

Best used deal I have found is a ZF blue one at my local dealer. Dealer is asking 64K and the sticker on the car is about 68,500 with the options the car has. Plus, the car has $3500 of PPF work done. It's been sitting there for a few weeks so I wonder how low they would go. If it was a black one I would inquire and see.
Price is not fact only an opinion.

I suspect that M2 at your local dealer -- somewhere in Minnesota I take it -- is going to sit on the lot for a long time, months.

General rule of thumb is research the car's trade in value -- which will almost certainly be higher than what the dealer allowed for the car. (Dealers don't go by the "book" but like to say they get their numbers from the "back of the book". But the publicly available trade in value gives you some idea of what the dealer has in the car. That new of a car it needed nothing other than a detail to make sale ready.

The trade in value then is where you start your negotiation.

Keep in mind the dealer is paying a flooring cost of (estimated) $250/month. Sure he may have paid for the car out of his cash reserves but still the (I estimate $60,000 trade in value) at 5% a year works out to $250/month of interest income he forfeits to floor the car every month.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2082.50