tahoebimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G42Esko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo2c View Post
I don't get how people who ordered their cars in September (including me) have no idea where the hell their car is but yet people who ordered in late November already have their cars ready for delivery?

WTF BMW? I guess fuck the people who have been waiting months
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo2c View Post
I don't get how people who ordered their cars in September (including me) have no idea where the hell their car is but yet people who ordered in late November already have their cars ready for delivery?

WTF BMW? I guess fuck the people who have been waiting months
Their dealer must have had allocations. I ordered mine Nov 22nd & I still don't even have a VIN or a production # lol - go figure😵*💫
I picked up my car today and asked the dealership how it was that I got the car so fast. They told me that an allocation starts at status 111. Sometimes the dealer will order a specific build to be delivered to the dealership before it is actually sold to a customer. Those can go into status 112 which is scheduled for production but hasn't started yet. The build can still be modified in 112.

My car was in status 112 when I walked into the dealership and ordered. It was going to actually start production any day. They changed it to my spec and it started production the next day. I believe they said that is status 150. Once it's in status 150 it cannot be modified.

Most people get an allocation in status 111 and that is a longer wait than getting one in 112.
Appreciate 5