View Single Post
      04-27-2022, 09:41 AM   #66
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & 6th Gen ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
All these complaints and no one takes their car to the dealer to have it looked at?
As mentioned, I’ve been a BMW technician for almost 20 years. I decided to give up on it for now, as I don’t want to blindly replace parts in hopes that something will eliminate the noise. It’s definitely still there, though music does mask it in most cases.

I’ve also realized it’s definitely worse with the suspension in the Sport setting. I played with my Sport Individual settings so the only change was the suspension mode, and I hear the thump much less frequently with suspension in Comfort mode. All other settings remain the same. Makes me think it’s something to do with the rear shocks; what I don’t know.

As a side note, I was wrong about the shock part numbers: left and right rear ARE the same. I do believe the shock mounts are side specific, though. My money is on one of the shocks, mounts, or software controlling them. These cars are still very new and uncommon, so I haven’t had a chance to drive any more. The only other M240 I’ve had a chance to drive made the noise, so that’s when I gave up. At least for now. I can’t imagine this is something BMW engineering isn’t aware of.
Appreciate 2
Ruebarb380.00