View Single Post
      05-16-2023, 12:40 PM   #122
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
Hey guys. I had my Apex wheels installed today. I wanted to share some pictures here as a reference because although this is a recommended tire size, I couldn't find any pictures anywhere.

I have Apex VS5-RS satin black 19x9 +25 in the front and 19x10 +38 in the rear. Tires are Michelin PS4S 245/40r19 in the front and 275/35r10 in the rear.

I snapped these pictures in my phone, but if Expert@ApexRaceParts wants I can use my real camera and take better photos.

The offsets are pretty conservative, which I like. I wasn't looking to be a stance boy and I'm pretty impressed it's tucking 10" in the rear and 9" up front and still looks like this.

Going from stock ZTK wheels with 10mm Dinan spacers to this set up, even though I've only driven probably 20 miles, I do feel a difference. The spacers made the front end feel wonky, I don't know how to explain it other than that. Glad to be back to normal.

Speaking of ZTK, these wheels really show off those big brakes. I'm really glad I went with blue calipers.

Unfortunately the shop did damage one of the wheels. Unsure how to proceed from here, but the joy is overcoming the frustration for now.

Edit: I should probably mention, the car is lowered on Dahler springs.
Love the look of these wheels on the car, thanks for sharing! We'd love to see more photos of the setup, but no need to rush out to take them. I'm glad you're enjoying the wheels thus far.

Thats really unfortunate to see the damage from the shop on the wheels. While I hope they cover the cost of the problem, that kind of paint damage or any other damage is absolutely covered by our replacement program if you got the wheels from us or a dealer as a set of 4.

Link to the details on that program here: https://apexwheels.com/replacement-program

While we tend to focus on the benefits of the program for track damage, it applies to almost anything including the paint issue you have and would give you half off MSRP on a replacement wheel, or the shop if they cover the cost of the damage. You can apply for that on the page linked above. The wheel seems to be fine to drive on but wanted to mention it as an option just in case.

Thanks for running our VS-5RS wheels!

-Tom