05-06-2022, 05:51 PM   #1453
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdiniciu View Post
I don't think is a matter of age. I'm 30 and I dislike the big screens.

I think my preference for more analogue dash is that it holds up better against time. Technology ages poorly.

My previous e46 m3 dashboard still looks amazingly cool, same with the 911 dashboards - pure class.

Just my opinion and the logic behind it.
Around 8 years ago, I had an E92 M3 and really liked its interior. Since then, I've had more modern cars including a Tesla Model 3 Performance. I recently sold the Tesla and got back into an E90 M3. In the 2 years I owned the Tesla, they decided to update the software for their huge screen to make most of it uglier and most common things take more steps to access. It is a big step back with very few benefits. Now that I'm back into the E9x, I'm finding that I love this interior and the gauges in particular just as much now as I did the first time.

I doubt BMW would bother to change the look or functionality of their previously sold cars for free like Tesla does but that's another problem I have with the current all-screen vehicles: just as easily as they can gain features by software update, they can also become more stupid over time.
Appreciate 3
eddj464.50
P111584.00