11-18-2022, 06:42 PM   #38
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked View Post
My 3rd BMW in a row. The first 2 were leases. Didn't change the oil until the minder came on every 10K miles or 1 year. Cost me $0 extra to maintain both and turned them in when the leases were up. My thinking was; their car, their call.

Fast forward to today and I ended up buying the M240i, mostly because the lease rates were terrible and the cost to own was not that much more. So I read a LOT of opinions on this topic and decided to change the oil at 1,200. Used a "value service oil change" coupon at the BMW dealer and paid $99 for an OEM oil/filter change. My reasoning was that I might keep this car 5+ years, it's included in the full M car maintainance schedule, Mike Miller recommends it based on it being recommended prior to BMW changing to included scheduled maintainance for 3 years/36K miles. This last point (I'm guessing) is to align their lease programs so customers know their monthly payment and don't have to worry about extra costs and can simply keep turning their leases over every 3 years. So if you plan to keep it a longer time, this might be the most important "extra" oil change to make IMHO.
where did you find the value oil change? $100? that's nothing for peace of mind
Appreciate 0