02-11-2024, 10:10 PM   #27
LouK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram TRX F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
SOMEWHERE along the line, the police got the idea that they have the most dangerous job in the world. They don't. Even in the USA, they're not even on the top ten list.

THE only shooting that's ever happened in my neighborhood was the cops shooting a guy in his own house, unarmed. His crime? Leaving the front door open at 2'oclock AM.

I hate the loud tunes too. I hate worse, that statistically, a traffic stop is more dangerous for the driver than the police. They kill more people at traffic stops than police are killed per year. When we get to defending police for shooting an unarmed man in the back while he is running away, we've crossed a line from which there is no return.

Shawn
To be fair the Military doesn't even make the list for most dangerous job. Majority of the jobs listed (if not all) have inherent accident risk, not willful intent.

Curious on the stats your listing for police killing more in a traffic stop than police are killed per year. Are these unjustified shootings or one where bad guy pulls out gun and gets shot/ meaning are you lumping all officer involved shooting into one category no matter what?

What actual stats provide the info you stated? I found an article that quoted what you said about "traffic stop more dangerous for the driver than police" but it provided no actual information other than the statement.
Appreciate 0