View Single Post
      02-13-2024, 05:35 AM   #33
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouK View Post
To be fair the Military doesn't even make the list for most dangerous job. Majority of the jobs listed (if not all) have inherent accident risk, not willful intent.

Curious on the stats your listing for police killing more in a traffic stop than police are killed per year. Are these unjustified shootings or one where bad guy pulls out gun and gets shot/ meaning are you lumping all officer involved shooting into one category no matter what?

What actual stats provide the info you stated? I found an article that quoted what you said about "traffic stop more dangerous for the driver than police" but it provided no actual information other than the statement.
Usdol is the “most dangerous job” statistic. #of occupation dead per year/ # of people in occupation. Farmers are usually number one. Alaskan boat crabbers are usually #2 or #3

As far as traffic stops, that comes from the police union themselves. If number of people killed at traffic stops per year > number of police officers killed per year at traffic stops, then those being stopped are statistically more at risk. Forget figuring out justified vs. unjustified. If you ask the police, they are ALL justified. But we know they’re not. Best quotes at police stops of the last ten years “I hope they stomp his ass”, and “20 years ago you’d be dead” - second quote was to unarmed guy with a camera at a library. Terrible crime? Filming.

These are demonstrable facts, if the sources are to be trusted. The “I point my gun and shoot at anything that scares me” culture is societal suicide. Police that don’t know the law, or don’t care, are making things worse. Takes less than 30 seconds to find some video of some ham handed police breaking the arm of some little old demented lady and then high fiving “great takedown” later while she’s screaming in a cell with a broken arm. Makes you wonder how much stuff happened before video.

This here could have ended in tragedy. If anyone wants to argue that driver should die over stupid tune, pretty sure I don’t wanna know you.

Shawn
Appreciate 1