View Single Post
      02-13-2024, 06:10 AM   #37
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
I don't think we give away liberties to have police. Policing can be done with respect, kindness, and not violating the liberties of normal people. When police think they can "get away" with things, this is what happens...

This is a benign example. BUT, could have ended badly. This moron put BOTH of them BETWEEN his cruiser and the pulled over car. That's the area tow truck drivers call "the kill zone" because it's where you die if someone driving toward you loses control. And WHY? Because he got butthurt that someone laughed at him for his ridiculous arrest over first amendment rights. REALLY? And a terrible misunderstanding of what "flashing lights" law mean.

This is shitty training of an ego weak public servant. And, frankly, it put BOTH him and the arrested driver at risk.

So, no, I refuse to allow the idea to sink into my brain that "super citizens" with unlimited power can be allowed to walk amongst us and any tiny thing that they can claim "it's coming right at me" South Park Bullshit allows them to empty a clip at an unarmed citizen. It's unamerican, unkind, illegal, and pisses people off. It's ONE of the reasons that Americans want to stay armed. Because they want to be able to repel the small army of poorly trained militia that's been built up and thinks they can do anything to anybody with no repercussions.

Shawn
Out in the middle of nowhere something took over the cop who started making up his own laws, I mean being told you can get six months in jail for flashing headlights at others is totally laughable in my book.
Appreciate 1
shawnhayes1838.50