View Single Post
      07-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #223
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
So on one hand you utter it's all subjective, which is an explicit statement about the variances between people's tastes, feelings, perspectives, etc….

….yet, prior to that, you make finite statements such as, "enthusiasts won't like it"…….and if we use ONLY this forum as a reference, plenty of enthusiasts like the G8X and have purchased them. What gives you the authority to label who is and who isn't an enthusiast?!?
Enthusiasts too strong a statement, you’re right. As a long time bmw fan that has enjoyed the brand through the e and f generations, I just can’t get used to the new g styling. When I first looked at the e46 M3, e92 M3, f80 M3 and m2 comp I immediately said that’s hard, I want one. These designs I feel like I’m trying to convince myself they look good to somehow make it a complete package alongside it’s performance. It’s subjective but I’m surely not the only one who feels that way and it’s clear from the response in this thread alone.

If you like the new designs that’s sick, I envy you because the performance it comes with despite the additional weight is incredible. Just ain’t for me.
Appreciate 6
WWM3964.00
Sedan_Clan24977.50
Ugly Kar402.50
GuyOh1067.00
F87EVO4031.00