View Single Post
      10-14-2022, 07:38 PM   #138
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoy View Post
Then in your case it makes sense. The M2 will have more of everything, but it's a tough one. The Cayman handles so nicely, but only the GTS and up give you enough to not go wanting, and even the GTS is low on torque compared to this M2. However, the Cayman is also 3400 pounds, so it doesn't need 400 torque to get to 3.9 secs. Decisions decisions.
Yea, I honestly can't really swing a 6 figure car with 2 kids in full time daycare right now. The GTS with a couple options is $100K. I'd honestly consider a Cayman S to give me a bit more umph that I'm used to coming from a an F80 M3 before the base cayman, but again don't have back seats for the occasional weekend car show where I might want to bring kids. Also not sure even the S would get me close to the torque I was used to from the M3. I love every other aspect about the Cayman though, shifts incredibly well, handles like a dream, looks beautiful, analog interior with perfectly tactile buttons, etc. I think the practicality + power + value of the M2 has me leaning hard in that direction.
Appreciate 0