View Single Post
      03-22-2023, 08:39 AM   #7
zero21
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
I dont have to look at the 3D pictures, I have sat in them before. Those are glorified race seats, not something you want for an everyday driver (I wouldn't even use them for a weekend fun car). You are truly being mesmerized by every ounce to be cut. You can save qeight and still be comfortable and stylish with seats and if really trying to save weight, do a rear seat delete, cf hood and decklid (it wont take long till they are available), get real lightweight rims (not BMW rims). If you truly want to save weight, and sacrifice a bit of strength, you can go for carbon or magnesium rims.

With Recaro and Sparco seats, keep in mind it may take a good installer/fabricator to make sure the sensors work for the airbags and seat belts (especially if using the racing harnesses...which would require the rear bar or mounts installed).
Installation issues noted - thank you for the feedback. Maybe I'll put a seat swap on hold for a while.

Edit: Self-check moment, I'm probably fretting the weight issue way too much. I'll go back to the drawing board on my OEM+ ideas. Maybe even do the CSL strut bar instead of aftermarket...I want to remain as much OEM as possible. I would even consider the exhaust if it was a touch cheaper and didn't look stupid.
Appreciate 1