01-22-2022, 10:32 PM   #31
atenzany62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHammer View Post
Trying to order the Slybracket plate mount but I don't have the car to check, and I think the answer is "no" but can someone please confirm?

"VERY IMPORTANT: Are there ACTIVE GRILLE SHUTTERS between the LOWER GRILLE and Radiator? (see TIPS and FAQ's on how to check)

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. (This means you physically checked behind the LOWER GRILLE and your vehicle does NOT have the SHUTTERS)

YES. I MIGHT NEED A CUSTOM MOUNT. (No extra charge. See TIPS and FAQ's on how to measure)"

Thanks!
The G42 don't have lower grille shutters(From what I see lol, there is nothing behind our lower grille that closes and opens like the main kidney grille). You can text or call their number. I texted their number and someone replied super quick and helped me out with the dimensions. This is the exact set up I ordered. The guy said someone before ordered one for the same car and they put Yes to that question and measured 3.5 inches.

No the bracket do not interfere with the parking sensors at all.

"YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL OF VEHICLE: 2022 BMW M240i

REMINDER: THIS BRACKET IS FOR VEHICLES WITH HORIZONTAL OR VERTICAL SLATS LOWER GRILLE.: MY LOWER GRILLE meets the GRILLE SIZE REQUIREMENTS (Inquire with Sly Brackets if Unsure).

SENSOR: MOUNT BRACKET OFF-CENTER IF LOWER GRILLE HAS A CENTER SENSOR.: GOT IT!

VERY IMPORTANT: Are there ACTIVE GRILLE SHUTTERS between the LOWER GRILLE and Radiator? (see TIPS and FAQ's on how to check): YES. I MIGHT NEED A CUSTOM MOUNT. (No extra charge. See TIPS and FAQ's on how to measure)

If YES, enter measurements Here (Measure from front edge of grille to front edge of open active grille shutters): 3 1/2"

Preferred License Plate Holder (Either one will work): 4-SCREW HOLDER (LOOKS AND FEELS MORE SECURE. BEST FOR LICENSE PLATE AND FRAME)- U.S. AND CANADA COMPATIBLE. Not EURO Plate Compatible.

Preferred License Plate Screws (Stainless Steel): BLACK FINISH PHILLIPS"
Ruebarb380.00