View Single Post
      11-11-2021, 10:59 AM   #48
Good 4 2 reasons
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G42 m240ix, '18 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbase View Post
There is an atmospheric river over this region right now. The roads are covered with water and leaves. No one is mistaking a RWD unit for an AWD unit this week. And on that morning in particular, in addition to the G42, I'd driven two other cars putting out over 400 ft-lbs of torque over a combination of 2 f-platforms, 2 g-platforms, and one e90.

It was not a "test" under some false set of idillic test conditions. It was merely a first impression on a morning with wet weather and imperfect road conditions typical of the PNW during this season.

Finally, I am not comparing RWD to AWD. I am merely relating that on that day and in those conditions, that G42 was very impressive - it provided more tactile feedback and, given the apparent direction of the overall product line, it was more of a driver's car than I expected.

My only observation relevant to the M2C is that, as someone who owns and appreciates an M2C, the G42 felt like a legitimate and capable platform on which to base the next M2.

I expect subsequent impressions of others to vary.

-Michael
the bimmerpost lawyers are on their way to take a sworn deposition from you regarding your opinions on the drive
Appreciate 0