View Single Post
      08-04-2022, 09:22 AM   #13
donnyfontaine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundernight View Post
Nope.. Glad I got the MY22. I am not a fan of the giant iPad trend in cars and happy to have the older dash with physical buttons. Honestly though, I have yet to interact with ID8, but the reviews I've seen of the iX makes the new interface look like a nightmare.

The only new feature I like is the return of adaptive cruise control. This was deleted on my build due to shortage.
Agreed on this. Sprinted across the country to find a '22 when i found out iD8 was confirmed for '23. I went to a dealer to try out iD8 in an iX on the lot, and it felt right for an EV, but completely sterile. Which is fine for a car running on batteries but horrendous for something like an m240. It was also pretty slow, and funny how when i asked about why BMW is doing this, no one defended it... they were all just sheepishly hunched over saying "Yea this is the direction the industry is going". I dislike the big giant screens in a proper implementation, so considering this is a poor implementation, hard pass.

Also you're right about missing ACC, it's one of those things you don't use 99% of the time but the 1% of time you do, it feels worth it.
Appreciate 2