View Single Post
      01-21-2023, 08:20 AM   #32
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero21 View Post
I see a lot folks mentioning a "full ceramic" coating. While I certainly recognize there are benefits to the industrial stuff, I would suggest everyone look into over the counter products.

I was really surprised at how good they've gotten and how easily they can be applied by someone who doesn't detail for a living. I spent $80 on materials and my wife's Telluride Dawning Red Paint looks amazing, and still has a "wet" feel to it almost a month later. We'll see how well it ages but the bottle says two coats for up to 12months. It only took an 1.5hrs.
Good point. I spent $1500 on ceramic coating my Porsche and ended up selling it 6mo later. Sure it was easy to keep clean those 6mos but boy was it a waste of money given how quick I got rid of the car. I think with this M2 I’m going to try over the counter sealant that I’ll apply myself and then assuming I have the car a year later (which I think I will) I’ll see how it will have held up and if I want to apply again or jump to a professional coating.
Appreciate 1
zero213253.00