View Single Post
      01-21-2023, 01:03 PM   #43
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by primm907 View Post
Went through a similar scenario with a new 4C Spider. Dumped a chunk of money into correction, ceramic coating, wheels treated, etc. and then sold it less than a year later. Since I typically don’t keep vehicles very long, I’ve skipped this process entirely. But I’m now seriously considering the M2 may be a much longer term relationship. So the plan is to get paint correction followed by full PPF. Then I can do my own ceramic coating. I just think the PPF is a better use of the money versus ceramic coating.
PPF is worth every penny, but I've never gotten into the ceramic coating (CC) craze. They are harder to apply correctly if you're a DIY'r, expensive, prone to water spots and difficult to maintain. People actually buy products as toppers to protect the ceramic from water spots. So now you're protecting the thing you put on your car to protect the paint? How silly is that?

There are tons of sealants that do just as good a job at shedding water as CC at a fraction of the cost. Here's the little secret that detailing people won't tell you. Yes, sealants don't last as long as a CC but that's only half the story. You'll typically get 6~9mo of protection from a quality sealant but that's only if you don't maintain them. By maintain I mean top them off with another coat every few months. By doing so they will outlast any CC on the market. Many of them even let you spray them on after a wash while the car is wet and either wipe them or rinse them off, it's that simple.
Appreciate 2
uk0168573.50
T_U_D6685.50