View Single Post
      04-04-2024, 05:18 PM   #5719
td1439
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by td1439 View Post
A week in QC, now on day six in Final Assembly. Very hard to know what the timeline is going forward; my dealership said it would be 8-10 weeks, and Friday will be 8 weeks since the order was put in. Not sure it's realistic to expect the final 6 steps to happen in just 2 weeks given the pace thus far.

Someone on Reddit claimed that they only update the website tracker once a week. I'll see if anything moves forward tomorrow, which would be a week since it changed to Final Assembly.
No changes today, so I emailed BMW Genius. All they could tell me was that my car is built and it waiting at the factory for a carrier to the port. So, there seems to be realistically no way to know how much longer this process will take. It could head to the port tomorrow or it could sit there for another month or more, based on what I've read from others' experiences. Then - how long at the port waiting for a ship? Then tack on, what, another month to get the car to the dealer? I'll be lucky to have this car by June at this rate. No idea where the dealership came up with "8-10 weeks".
Appreciate 0