View Single Post
      08-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #92
rkmjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 ,M & Exe Pkg, MT & MPE

Garage List
As I mentioned, I have been reading as much as I can regarding the G87 M2. I currently have the 18' LCI M2 and as much as I love this car, quite honestly I have been bothered with several aspects that the OG 235/240 2 series was given a different power plant so very close to the performance of the M2, yet I continue to hear about M GmbH limiting the performance of the G87 to keep it under the M3/M4's! While those facts fester in my mind, and I am currently considering that again purchasing a new M2, but from what I have been reading, keeping the G87 "less" capable than the big brothers and sisters (M3 & M4) seems to be a major concern I have. I understand the reasoning, but BMW seems to contradict themselves so often. Now I read that the new M3 & M4 Competition versions do not have a manual! Then I read that here in the states, the G87 M2 Competition when available, will NOT be available with the a Manual transmission, in spite of the fact that F87's take rate on manuals was around 50% here in the states. If that is true, that there will be a dearth, actually absence of manuals of G87 M2C's, this may completely change my perspective of purchasing the G87. I have never myself owned/driven as my personal car, a car without a manual transmission. I was thinking that the G87 would be one of the last manuals mass produced and I have been looking forward to that while preparing myself for end of the ICE propulsion. I would encourage BMW M GmbH to rethink this decision, which could diminish the sales of the G87 M2C, IMHO.