M3JetPilot
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
To clarify a few of my points:

1. I wasn’t saying we shouldn’t go EV nor was I saying all EVs require being driven 100’s of thousands of miles before beating out an ICE car. I am saying the solutions to our abuse of the climate shouldn’t be one dimensional and this is especially true of cars. The EV isn’t the significant solution it was marketed as. Is it part of the solution? Yes, but so could advances in ICE technology that could at least help us long term transition to a different type of car. But we won’t get those advances because the ICE was labeled evil and the manufactures had to begin dumping it because of unwise legislation that set arbitrary dates to kill the ICE. As usual, politicians and misguided climate advocates trying to gain votes and followers to enable their power, even if it still hurts the planet under their new policies.

2. Just to be clear, I do not deny the harm humans are doing to the planet. It is a fact humans are needlessly destroying our home. However, I do deny that the loudest advocates for the environment are good for our planet. They are mostly talk and little effective action. A good example is recycling. Around 14% of the items you put in the recycle bin actually get recycled. The rest goes to the landfill or ocean. Why do we recycle? So politicians can say they did something for the environment and environmental activists can say they forced the politicians to take action. The solution to trash isn’t to be found in the recycle bin. It is far more complex and expensive than giving every house a recycle bin.

3. Partial solutions to environmental destruction only delay our planets death. They do nothing to prevent it. The EV falls into the category of a partial solution at best, an illusion of a solution at worst. Carbon capture, nuclear energy and alternative fuels, to name a few, should all be explored and be on the table. If we stop at environmental “feel-goodisms” as our solutions then we will accomplish nothing long term for the future of our planet.
Appreciate 4
dominoM303.00
Cos270608.50