Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoy View Post
To me what's odd about the new M2, aside from the obvious rear end and brutalists design approach, is how it bares little resemblance to the new 240i. Being in the same family, I'd expect both to have a common DNA. The front and back design are completely different; no design continuity. The new 240i, while a bit bold in appearance, could have been a great starting point for this car. Instead BMW went in a completely different design direction; the two vehicles now look like they belong in separate series IMO. In agreement with most here about the boot and rear bumper design, the front is plain and uninspiring but not too offensive. However, these darn ugly design features have a way of settling in our heads over time and becoming "cool" and "unique" and "aggressive". Never say never.

A big hello from rainy Miami.
That's exactly what BMW is looking for and customers have asked for. We already heard these statements from various BMW interviews when the G8x was launched.

Customers complained that M cars look to similar to their non-M variants, and that they want more differentiation.
Yet BMW is adding M badges in the grilles and M mirrors to M perf. models.
Yes, they can now, as the cars look different

Joking…I get you. But it's the same with all manufacturers and their sport lines…AMG is not different. Those badges are desirable, so probably they think that way they attract even more to spend a bit more for an „M line" version.
Appreciate 1