View Single Post
      03-03-2023, 01:36 PM   #11
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj_F80 View Post
It greatly matters what you're eating. If you don't beleive this, then perhaps that is why you're having to ask.

I'm just trying to help you out. If you don't want to take what I say into consideration, then so be it. Believe what you want and continue to question why you're having issues.

I can eat junk food, but keep it at 2000 calories or less a day and look and feel like shit or I can eat healthy at 2000 calories a day and lose weight and look great.

I'm an old man compared to most on here. I've been over weight and made lifestyle changes to where I'm in the best shape of my life at 40. I've tried it all and have found what works for me. You'll need to keep making changes until you find what works for you.

Rather than believing what the Mayo Clinic has to say, how about you just try it and find out? I've completely cut out carbs for short cycles (6 months or less) and got completely shredded. I'm sure the Mayo Clinic has something negative to say about that, but it doesn't matter in my book. It worked great for me. Now it's not something that is sustainable for a long period, but knowing how it's worked for me in the past, it's something I go to when I feel I need to lose a drastic amount of weight in a short time.

I'll give you what I'm currently doing and what's working for me. I try to take in at least 200 grams of protein a day. That is my baseline. Cutting or maintenance I'm at 200 grams. If I'm bulking, I'll increase it. For carbs, if I'm drastically trying to cut I go 50 grams a day or less. If I'm not on an extreme cut, but want to try and lose some [...]
That’s great advice, and I definitely don’t disagree, during cutting cycles where I ate shit food, the food was stuff like 4 slices of pizza all day, another day it 3 cookies from Crumbl if I was missing a sugar high. Did I feel unwell overall compared to a healthy cut? Yes. Is it better to do it right regardless of how you feel? Yes. My response to the original respondent was that it doesn’t matter what you eat, you can lose weight all the same, so long as you maintain a reduced caloric intake, at least for me.
Now, I also want to try the Keto diet. I have both psychological and physical conditions that could be well served by keto. Keto is just difficult for me because I can eat a chipotle bowl with queso and salsa only all day every day but that’s heavily skewed in favor of a high protein diet.
When I see people say 200g protein a day, I know that may be optimal for working out and getting cut or putting on muscle, I also believe it does have detrimental effects on kidney function long term and the asshole short term. I’m sure it’s better than 3 Crumbl cookies in a day.
My frustration comes from not being able within the metrics of every calculator out there. The only time I feel truly full is when I eat 2500+ calories a day, but then I gain weight regardless of working out.
Appreciate 0