View Single Post
      02-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #103
wb8164
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BG 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggies_dad View Post
technically this was done yesterday but picked up a 2023 230i last night. M Sport plus some other convenience goodies, really wanted the Dynamic Handling package as well but it wasn't meant to be in this market...

first BMW and first car that resembles anything close to a sports car or grand tourer since my youth... grew up around Porsches with my Dad having owned various iterations from 356's to 996's and everything in between and have so dearly been missing having something like this to enjoy personally for far too long.

i know the M240i is the must have at this point and arguably even the greater performance bargain, but having enjoyed 993 & 996 generation 911's the performance of this 230 combined with the lighter driver feel is more than enough to put a grin on my face. too bad no M/T but at least the wife can drive it too, and happy wife... you know the rest

looking forward to many wonderful years of ownership...

You're in good company. Car and Driver notes that the 230i with the M Package is the model to get

Here's a small blurb from their Editor's Choice piece:

We think the rear-drive 230i is the one to buy. Its 255-hp turbo four isn't nearly as quick as the 382-hp straight-six in the M240i, but we found it delightfully rewarding to drive with the addition of the Dynamic Handling and M Sport packages. The former requires the latter but combined their mix of performance upgrades (bigger wheels on stickier tires, firmer suspension components, stronger brakes, etc.) and unique visual treatments are highly desirable.
Appreciate 0