08-11-2022, 03:08 AM   #106
Nicolas05
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW g42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwloverm2 View Post
Hi Nicolas,

Many thanks for your details given + the photos, it's been the first all black tips i've seen and they look gorgeous.

2h for setting them up looks too much at first impression but since you mentioned they tweaked bolts, could you please share with us what kind of modifications were required and why? With the bolts they came did they hang too much or they were not tied solid enough ?

If you have a photo about the before/after the changes of the bolts that'd be brutal.

Thanks in advance Nicolas05

Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but just to say it wasn't as 'plug and play' as they say... we have tried different ways of installing. Probably now that we've done it once, we could manage it it 45 minutes.
But basically the nuts that are set in the inside to tighten are almost impossible to reach. So we've now put these on the outside to have better access to tighten it all down. And changed out some bolts to screw easier.
I have taken some quick pictures underneath my car, so you can see the installation. Hope these help! :-)

But these tips are definately a great option and you can order them with ease! They fit great...
Attached Images

Last edited by Nicolas05; 08-11-2022 at 03:15 AM..
Appreciate 0