Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
BMW is losing more and more people to Porsche.
Lol, are you trying to say ppl are leaving BMW in droves and running to Porsche? Most BMW owners are not cross shopping with Porsches, only wealthy people can afford a real Porsche. The typical BMW owner can probably only afford a cayman or a macan, neither of which is both practical and sporty. BMWs are good all rounders that are reasonably priced. You're not getting your kids and golf clubs in the back seat of a cayman or 911 and you're not having fun canyon carving in a macan or cayenne. You can do all of that in a bmw M car and it will cost you much less.
Right on 🙌

It's perplexing and tedious that folks here, ad nauseam, compares a mid-tier BMW to any model of Porsches.

If anyone, including myself, who has the means to comfortable opt for an equivalent spec Porsche, wouldn't even sneeze at a BMW and that's not taking anything away from BMW as an automotive brand in general, just a sobering fact of life.

It reminds me of the time I could of afforded a mansion on the hills but instead opted for a 12X9 roach motel in Alphabet City - 'cause you know, loyalty or whatever 🙄

Porsche and BMW is not on the same playing field, they are completely different caliber of vehicles, as Porsche is a vehicle you aspire to from a BMW, not one replace it with. So these folks making such outlandish comparisons need to stay in their lane..
Watch this:

And then let's start over this conversation.

EDIT: After watching this video, I decided to have both. A BMW M4 Competition xDrive Coupe as my daily driver, and a 911 GTS for "fun".