View Single Post
      02-23-2024, 07:55 PM   #27
LCDRJohn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche GT3

Not to proffer and conspiracy theories....but...What I found interesting in the C&D test, is that when you watch the timed lap of the M2...the tires are silent. PS4s have a nice little howl at the limit. Nearly every other vehicle that was tested had the expected tire-sounds under braking and during understeer/steady state. If surely looked like the test driver was intimidated by the M2..perhaps due to oversteer?? I'd suggest that he held back by 5-10% for some reason.

Another interesting item is that the M3 CS in the test has tires with significantly less grip than the M2's PS4s, but it had 5MPH more speed in turn one compared to the M2. That is HUGE considering they share their chassis and 90% of suspension tuning. With the CS carrying 313 more LBS, and the turn being essentially a 100' radius skidpad, there is no way it could carry 5mph more at the apex.

It's one reason I can't take C&D seriously anymore. Someone like Randy Pobst over at Motor Trend runs every car damn hard at laguna because he doesn't want his rep tarnished. Who knows what machinations go on over at C&D.
Appreciate 2
baron951739.50
DSTR1280.00