RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel1380 View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm new here and I have a question. I'm determined to buy an new M2 and I'm wondering whether it's worth buying a sunroof. I know it's useful, but I'm worried about whether it makes any noise on potholed roads, uneven roads, or curbs. What are your experiences with the sunroof on the M2?
Thanks
My M2 has the CF roof.

But my 2024 BMW 230xi has a sunroof. In over 3000 miles have not even bothered to try the 230xi's sunroof.

(And a number of cars way back have come with a sunroof. Bought the cars off the lot. I would not order a car with a sunroof.)

While with previous cars I tried the sunroof I never found one I could like. (The sunroof on my 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack was the best of the bunch. But even so I never used it after trying it out.)

But I found the sunroofs not that pleasurable experience. Too much noise, wind in the cabin, and I loathe sitting in direct sun. Besides with rare exceptions where I live and drive one either has to have the heater/AC on to deal with winter cold and humidity or the A/C on to deal with the summer heat and humidity. A sunroof open just messes with the heater/AC function and efficiency.

And I learned via the bad experiences of others to not leave a car parked with the sunroof or top down. At any time there's the risk of a bird bomb in the interior of the car or even on the driver or a passenger.

Or worse -- another car owner's experience -- someone dumped a large cup of soda/ice into his car's passenger seat when he parked the car (in Fredericksburg TX) on the main street with the top down.

Sure an open sunroof it not quite the target as a soft top down but I'd be worried of someone tossing trash or even a lit cigarette in through the sunroof. (I have seen buttheads try to toss lit cigarette butts in my Boxster's side air intakes.)

But some owners love the sunroof.

If you can get a test ride/drive in an M2 with a sunroof see how you like it. If you like it order the car with one. Or don't.
Appreciate 0