View Single Post
      07-06-2021, 05:51 PM   #72
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Honestly the 220i pictured looks a LOT better than the M240i. Real exhaust pipes, the front end looks better.

Overall initial impressions are that I'm whelmed. I don't wince at it like when I look at any of the new "beaver" grill cars that I would sell if I were given one for free - BUT I don't look at it and say "wow, that's really good looking".
I had a E46 330Ci ZHP and from the first time I saw it and every single day when I looked at it I said, damn that's a good looking car. I have a similar reaction, perhaps not as intense, to my F22 M240i. There were plenty of BMWs I could have bought between the 2, but none really evoked the same response. Always kinda minor things. I didn't care for the size / handling of the newer 3 coupes then the 4s, BUT I did have to admit the 4 looked damn good, inside and out.

For the premium they want to charge for their cars, it's really sad that the best they can achieve is a "I don't hate it" / "at least it's not as ugly as the beaver grilled variants". The interior is good, save for the digital dash. As expected, same as any other BMW right now pretty much. There are elements of it I do like ... but as many have mentioned that although they didn't totally mess it up with another comically oversized grill, there are elements of the front and back that just don't work.

And no word yet on if the RWD M240i will be available with a manual or not. I'm not holding out much hope.

Perhaps the new M2 will look better, and I think they have already said it WILL come with a manual. Need to ask my boss for a raise now, right? But honestly I see myself holding on to my F22 for a while. There is nothing about the new model that really compels me (he says before driving it...)

Last edited by MarkDemma; 07-06-2021 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0