View Single Post
      01-16-2022, 01:06 PM   #14
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Quote:
Probably 85-90% of them are produced in Mexico and that is the primary plant, but some are made in Europe according to the dcs
I also was under the impression ALL of the 2022 M240s are made in Mexico? And what is "dcs". Anyone on this forum that has one built or being built in Europe or elsewhere than Mexico?

Quote:
Production of the new BMW 2 Series Coupe G42 will start in the summer of 2021 , but for the first time, the rear-wheel drive coupe will not be built in Europe. The new Mexican plant in San Luis Potosí will have the honor to put together the new 2 Series. The plant will deliver the 2 series for all markets around the globe. BMW says the reason for choosing San Luis Potosí as the production location for the new 2 Series has to do with market demands. For example, two thirds of the new 2 Series Coupe is expected to be delivered in the U.S. market.
Of course above source I quote may not be totally correct either. I was surprised to see that the US market captures so much of the 2 series coupe.

I realize this is
Appreciate 0