05-07-2022, 02:50 AM   #1457
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Well we haven't exactly seen what the gauges will look like yet since this will be the first M car with the iD8. Hoping it is less angular and more traditional in that sense.

Yeah I think age definitely has a lot to do with it. I'm 35 so in pretty much the same boat as you and I love the new screen. I was a little skeptical about it but when I got in an i4 I thought it was fantastic.

I would've been bummed if it had the same interior layout as a 2019 330. Not saying that its not a good looking interior, but if I'm buying a 2023 I want a FRESH design inside and out.
I hate the single screen look, 39 years old. Aesthetically not for me, and it looks tacked on, with the dashboard shape doing its own thing entirely.

But the looks aren't what i'm worried about, its the ergonomics that worry me. The instruments and the centrally mounted screen are two different things that will be used in two different ways. It makes no sense to me, in my mind to tie their positions to one another. The ideal height for one is not the ideal height for the other. But they have to be at the same height now (unless you mount the screen diagonally...which also seems like a bad option.)
Appreciate 1
Ugly Kar436.00