Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunaicheng View Post
I understand why so many of you prefer a manual but, honestly, I currently think with an automatic, the car will have more possibilities and usage like more wild tuning, better track performance, better drag race performance, etc...

I am really not sure how capable the BMW's manual is (I heard from other BMW manual car owners that it is actually not that good...) and have no idea if it would be some sort of barrier in the future. You know S58 is quite a wild engine...

Also, I plan to commute with it daily. Please offer some experience to help me make the decision, thanks!
There's nothing wrong with the manual in the F80 and F87 that I have. There is no barrier to anything. There are plenty of super high horsepower manual cars out there (F series BMWs). If you plan to commute, getting the automatic would be a complete waste. It doesn't matter if you're getting to Target at 5:15 pm or 5:16 pm, you bought a car to enjoy it, then enjoy it. Getting in the car should be an occasion, you can't get that by putting a little lever into "D" and letting the car do the driving for you.
KO768.00