View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 08:14 PM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

I have been running an Emix for several years without flex fuel, using the same spreadsheet i setup long ago. As you can see in the table, with this mix, if you are at 0/70% pump/E85, you would be 19.1% ethanol in the tank. I doubt you would ever be this low, CA doesnt really go below 9% pump, and pearson fuels is usually 83.3% E85 or higher. But it provides a lower limit. The upper limit with 10%/85% is then 30% in the tank, so you know you can't overshoot and crash HPFP on stock fuel system. Zero issues using this for years, with a asterisk that i am on MHD's map which technically calls for E20 even though i always target E30.

There's multiple threads on the EKP options but frankly if you arent going to upgrade HPFP you definitely shouldnt upgrade LPFP. LPFP is good for about E60-70 with a maxed out stock turbo, but pushing that high requires a HPFP first.

i run stock fuel system and "manual" mixing using this table. IMO just skip the flex fuel kit and buy your E85 from Pearson fuels stations (use their app or website) and you should be good. I've testing pearson fuels E85 probably 8x over the years and its always been basically 85% within the margin of error of the test kit. And pump gas is always just under 10%, havent really measured summer/winter variability although it can exist.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0