04-16-2024, 07:46 AM   #12
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty B. View Post
I know this is an ancient thread, but I tried removing mine tonight (w/M-Sport) and it seems they're snapped into a well molded into the bumper cover as in there's no access to the reflector itself from the back of the bumper cover (I contorted myself quite a bit to reach in there and have a bunch of nice new cuts and scrapes for it), and although I was able to wedge a trim tool under the middle was unable to get it to pop out so I could apply a blackout film.

So how the hell do these come out? There isn't any double-sided tape strong enough to yank these things out based on the fight they put up.
If you are talking about the FRONT bumper reflectors, then - yes, they are installed using a double sided acrylic tape (3M). In order to remove the reflectors without cracking them or breaking them off the substrate (orange reflecting lens is mounted on the grey or white backing plate) you should heat-up the area and the backs of them so that the tape becomes much more softer. Do not overheat the bumper itself - could cause damages to paint.

This is a non-M bumper/reflector shown, but the mounting process is the same:
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 0