View Single Post
      06-15-2023, 08:43 AM   #37
kdog_x
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 328d

Wow, That's pretty ugly! Chicago streets tend to have the same effect on cars.

Hard to tell if it's just the angle of the shot, but that looks like it's a little mangled to me. That bushing is very difficult to press in, I replaced it on one side, but I ended up damaging the bushing on my first attempt so I didn't attempt on the other side. I had to use a hose clamp to make that bushing smaller before I could push it in successfully. It was a huge pain and I thought I would damage the second one as well. I think what you have pictured is the joint underneath the one I have removed in post #23. It looks like there should be a solid lip all the way around from my picture there.

My "ball joint" that I originally made this thread for is creaking like an old farm truck again, so I will be sliding under there to re-replace it again. Maybe this weekend. I made a puller device out of some threaded rod... going to see how it goes. Waiting on my 28mm wrench and socket to show up so I can use the puller. The replacement 'ball joint / bushing" survived about 60k before going back out.

Last edited by kdog_x; 06-15-2023 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
Jvac438.00