E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 335i Sport (2007) - Rear camber too negative?

Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #1
SMazza
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan 2007

335i Sport (2007) - Rear camber too negative?

Hello all,

I recently replaced front struts and tires, and had a 4-wheel alignment done. The shop mechanic said the best he could do on rear camber was -2.6 and -2.5 (see attached before-and-after printout). He suggested a "camber kit" might need to be installed if the current alignment isn't acceptable.

The car has pretty high miles (173k?). The rear shocks are still original (though I plan to change them within the next year). The springs are original all around.

I have attached a few pictures of the car's stance and the rear camber bolts. I think it might be riding a tad low in the rear. Would worn shock mounts cause this? Can anyone see anything else amiss back here? (Please look past the subframe rust; I hope to correct that when I replace the rear shocks.)

(Also note that I ended up using non-sport strut mounts in the front, because I didn't realize there was a difference when I ordered the parts. So the front may be sitting a few millimeters higher than stock.)

Do you think replacing the rear shocks would bring camber back into a better range? Or is that irrelevant?

Or, does anyone know what "camber kit" is available for the rear of this car?

Or is there likely some other part worn out? (The car just had state safety inspection, and I would be surprised if the mechanic missed a chance to sell me new suspension links.)

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by SMazza; Yesterday at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 0