E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > e91 Coilover Reliability Concerns?

Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #1
SantaCruzin
BMW Addict
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

e91 Coilover Reliability Concerns?

I posted this on the suspension sub forum, but figured this might be a better place to ask:

I just picked up a 2011 328xi from a friend who got it from her mother (the original owner). I've always wanted a wagon but had avoided more modern stuff due to concerns over longterm repair costs. (Previously owned e36 325i and M3, e39 M5, and currently own e46 M3). Knowing the owners back to new put my mind at ease a bit, but it's still a 13 year old car with 108k miles.

Anywho, I'm already in love with the car and am thinking through a few basic modifications to make it mine. First on the docket are some 18" wheels and coilovers, but I really want to avoid any potential impacts to reliability.

Perhaps a dumb question, but with the xDrive system are there any reliability concerns? I'm not planning to slam the car by any means, I'm leaning towards the ST coilovers with minimal lowering (.6 inches), but does it alter any angles which might cause issues?
Name:  IMG_1797.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  1.18 MB
Appreciate 0