E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Well this is annoying...(P00BD no start after intake swap)

Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #1
AX75F92
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Well this is annoying...(P00BD no start after intake swap)

Scratching my head on this one as it must be something really stupid.

Car is 2011 E90 (N55) with 79k miles.

History: Used to run JB4 and catless dp. Smog became too annoying to deal with (CA) so I returned it to stock a couple years ago. Only mods left are BMS intake, VRSF intercooler, BMS catch can, VRSF metal charge pipe.

Issue: Smog time came around. Since going back to stock dp all I have to do now days is throw the stock air filter back in so I can pass CA’s wonderful visual check.

So I removed the BMS intake and put the factory piece in - not exactly super involved process there. Then I end up not being able to find the metal spring clips for the stock airbox. Super annoying. Spend forever searching the garage only to end up having to order new ones. Car is blocking my driveway so I just start it up with the airbox unclipped and move it 15ft. Shut it off and leave it till the clips arrive.

Couple days later I get the clips and install them. Go to start the car to take it to smog and to my surprise it goes straight into stumbling idle and shuts off. Wtf…

I try starting it a couple more times and same result.

Pull the codes and get P00BD.

Pull the MAF out and give it a good clean with CRC MAF cleaner. Re-install MAF, no change. Ok…maybe MAF somehow bit the dust when I swapped it from the BMS intake pipe to the factory one. Order new MAF.

Just got the new MAF today. Installed it thinking it’s gotta be good to go…no change! Wow ok.

Cleared the code and try again…no change.

I’m kinda stumped because there’s not a whole lot of variables here. I didn’t touch anything else. It fired up and ran fine when I moved it with the airbox unclipped.

I’ve tried swapping the BMS intake back on for kicks and no difference.

Thoughts:
- TMAP?
- Battery seems like it might be a little low. I know weird stuff can start to happen when voltage is weakened.
- Somehow a coincidental HPFP?

Gonna try jump starting it next. Im not too convinced on the battery being the culprit because it had enough juice to fire up and stumble a few times. But then again there’s well documented weirdness with these cars when they aren’t happy with voltage.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:38 PM   #2
minulache
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 F36 & E92 N55 LCI

I would really check the connections to the sensors. Maybe when you changed the intake, you managed to damage the MAF sensor wiring. Look at that. Look also at the sensor on the Chargepipe.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...ighlight=P00bd
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1174779
Appreciate 0