E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2024: US GP - Austin (Oct 20)

Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #485
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67555.50
GuidoK12911.00
      Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #486
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
true.
In hindsight Lando should've given that place back right away, so he could try to overtake Max again.
But if he could've extended his lead with an extra second, this was the right move....

But what a race!
I always liked this track with those awesome Senna S'ses and corners with double apex'es, but with the new top layer smoothing out the bumps it's gotten even better
The problem with Nor giving back the position is, he likely would have never gotten it back. With a much faster car he could barely get close to Max, whose racing and defense were pure brilliance, and he only managed to pass when he went off track. He was lucky because he should have a gotten two 5 second penalties IMO - one for going off a 4th time and 2 for the passing off track. Either way, Max forced Nor into that big mistake as well as him making a couple small ones. And talk about multiple moved by Not when Max had DRS on him on the main straight.
All in all, good weekend for Max, and a step forward. Does anyone know why they didn’t bring their flexi front wing? It wasn’t in the upgrade docs…
What else do they have coming for Mexico and Brazil?
Appreciate 3
M5Rick67555.50
GuidoK12911.00
      Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #487
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Driver/skill diff. McLaren/Lando lost that on their own again due to another bad start.
Yes, Nor has had the fastest car for way more races than anyone and barely any wins to show for it.
I was hoping Max would pull an Alo (ala Aus on Rus) in the esses to cause Nor to slip up and spin. Either way, I think Max’s ability to defend like no other frustrated Nor knowing he had a much faster car and just doesn’t have the ability, skill, or race craft to pass post haste like Max would have in the same car.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick67555.50
GuidoK12911.00
      Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #488
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Controversial. Elbows out by both.

Name:  F1_2024_Austin_VER_NOR.png
Views: 138
Size:  192.3 KB
M5Rick67555.50
      Yesterday, 11:51 PM   #489
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; retired - M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inNC View Post
I’m curious to hear from RB as to why they just let Max get undercut. Did they not think P2 was their race?
probably safer to cover Lando being Max's direct competitor instead of covering Sainz?

Last edited by G30M; Today at 12:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:28 AM   #490
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; retired - M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
report card on Checo from Horner: well done, certificate of excellence award
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:24 AM   #491
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
The problem with Nor giving back the position is, he likely would have never gotten it back. With a much faster car he could barely get close to Max, whose racing and defense were pure brilliance, and he only managed to pass when he went off track.
Yes, that is a possibility.
And of course if one car is going off track doesn't mean you are allowed to pass that car off track

I wonder what would've happened if Lando backed out of that moment, not passing Max off track but let him go, and McLaren making a complaint with the stewards.
Could Max have gotten a penalty at that point for going off track and gaining an advantage or forcing another car off track, or would it have been judged as a track limit violation (4 allowed)?

But it's racing at it's hardest. Elbows out as Artemis said For both, so these things will happen and the FIA has to play the referee. In that case it's very important how the rules are exactly set. In this case they they went the apex route.
I'm sure we'll see more moments similar to this one in the rest of the racing season so we can expect some close racing and questionable moments to come (and 1 or 2 crashes I fear )
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67555.50
      Today, 02:33 AM   #492
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

On conclusion we can see Lando is trying more things after losing out on the hairpin at the start, we saw Charlie wanting to make the same manoeuvre as MAX at the exact same time then quickly placing himself back to power out of the bend better in the middle as MAX and LAN drifted outside in their acute angle trajectory.
Appreciate 1
GuidoK12911.00
      Today, 02:44 AM   #493
fs1977
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Garage List
2020 G21 M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
race was very underwhelming, i enjoyed the lando vs max long battle but the climax was disappointing. F1 should’ve given lando p3 just to make the season slightly more exciting, it’s not like he didn’t deserve it and imo he was going to overtake max regardless, he had better pace and tires.
So you would rather have the stewards not following the rulebook just for the sake of more excitement the rest of the season? I don't think that would be the route to go

And having the better pace and tires doesn't automatically means also overtaking, we saw that the many laps before
Appreciate 1
GuidoK12911.00
      Today, 03:39 AM   #494
wizardofOz
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
With or without?

With....to help with digestion
Appreciate 0