E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help with DAB CIC unit, please.

Today, 12:46 AM   #1
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Help with DAB CIC unit, please.

I've just changed my CIC (E series) headunit over for a replacement. The replacement is a used unit, but itself must have been a replacement dealer unit as it's got a date stamp of November 2017, so at least it has the latest firmware (I've checked and it is C1a).
When I initially installed it and gave it a test it was all working as it should (although without NAV, Voice and Connected Drive, as I need to sort the FSC's yet). On checking the radio it stated DAB/DMB and didn't pick any stations up (I suspected an antenna issue at the time). So I gave it a SG_Codeiren to the car and checked it again, everything seemed OK as it sounded correct now (wasn't from a 676 system, just standard). But the one thing I did notice is that it now states just DAB in the radio section. The DMB seems to have disappeared altogether! So what can I do to get the DMB bit back and does it matter/what does it do (something about Digital Media, but what exactly?)? I've checked the PSW_FSW for the CIC and all seems OK, all DAB is aktiv and no mention of DMB anywhere, it does state DAB+ as well. It picks up loads of stations for the DAB, so no issues with the antenna then, and that's DAB Band iii here in the UK, although we have the Band L antenna fitted it's not used, only in Europe.

So any ideas? Obviously our US colleagues probably won't be able to help here as you don't have DAB (Sirus over there I believe?), but any European guys/gals that know?

TIA

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0