E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Converting N52 2 stage manifold into 3 stage.

Today, 12:42 PM   #221
firesnatch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehan View Post
Hey everyone I am new to this forum. I have a few questions I didn’t understand.

I understand I can tune my 323i to 325i but do I have to do the disa upgrade?

Also would a disa upgrade without a tune make any difference on my 323i?

Thanks!
I don't think you would feel much difference without a tune and one or both DISA may not even open/close without a tune (not 100% sure on that). Also you are adding two more things that can break on your car (DISA's) for not much gain. If you aren't doing the tune, you are better off retrofitting the N54 manifold since it doesn't have the DISA's.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:18 PM   #222
e90n52b25
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i

no conversion tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesnatch View Post
Weird, the site says "Performance tunes for 330i/325i/328i (and other variants)". So I would think you should have a tune available. Make sure you chose the right DME and entered your VIN correctly. The RSA delete will be #1 in the list and the tune should be #2 in the list. Don't do the RSA delete without flashing a tune right after.
Sadly there is only the RSA delete, no conversion tune, also there are 3 stock tunes.

I found a conversion tune for another 325i VIN, but it's an US car so not sure if I should flash it on to my EU car (last 7 VIN digits PS65832 vs. my last 7 KU25822)
I successfully flashed already one of the stock tunes, so I am familiar with the procedure.

Thanks in advance for help.
Attached Images

Last edited by e90n52b25; Today at 04:27 PM.. Reason: added screenshot
Appreciate 0