E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Cringe experience during car pickup at the dealer

Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #45
Westside Guy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1323 View Post
THIS!!
On the items like “protection packages” and “theft tracking” have huge markups as well. They dealers also don’t have to share these profits with the manufacturers.
The latest scam is where some dealers are installing a “theft tracking” device with an added cost of $999 in every new and used car and they are refusing to remove it from their vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:58 PM   #46
DanoX5
Rep
Drives: X5 3.0 for now

I've never met a new car salesman that wasn't the spawn of Satan.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #47
Grease23
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Yeah, the non-optional dealer add-ons are a new trend. We bought an Escape and it has a silly code panel installed for a secret code to start it. They wouldn't take it off or give us credit. It's been on "valet" for 4 years now.

Next purchase it was $250 for some kind of paint protection warranty -- non-negotiable. Nothing done to the paint, just a warranty.

Next purchase after that (328i E93) was some kind of non-negotiable insurance-like product for $300, even though I am already insuring the car. All are just a BS little add-on after you have worked out the price they are going to add it to.
Appreciate 0