E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 325xi Replaced Transfer case and actuator motor, codes persist

Yesterday, 07:28 PM   #1
Sb84
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

325xi Replaced Transfer case and actuator motor, codes persist

2006 325xi, something binding in front of awd system for several days, was expecting it to be in the actuator motor so I ordered one and fluid to do a transfer case service while at it. got the trifecta lights on the highway and heard something shredding itself apart before the actuator arrived. Binding stopped. Actuator arrived, threw her on the lift, went to drain the TC and she dripped about an ounce of burnt fluid. Stopped and found a verified 57k mile TC locally for $350 with a quart of BMW dtf1 and a new drain plug. Replaced the TC and actuator motor today, TC calibration fails and still getting 5F3A (transfer case, internal) and 54C4 (calibration failed)... Can clear codes, attempt to calibrate, it fails, throws codes that I can't clear until I cycle ignition, rinse and repeat. Front wheels are spinning on the lift so awd is working, they were not spinning before I changed the TC and actuator.
Appreciate 0