E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Non-Sport to Sport Seats - Honest Feedback

Today, 10:43 AM   #1
SantaCruzin
BMW Addict
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Non-Sport to Sport Seats - Honest Feedback

Heya folks!

I was in the market for an e91 and ended up pulling the trigger on a friend's as I knew it's history back to new and know that it was never beat on and was well kept. (plus I got it for $2-3k below market)

Unfortunately, it's a non-Sport model and while this car is really for family hauling duties (I have an e46 M3 for spirited driving) I do notice the lack of lateral support in the seats. I shouldn't be driving that quickly but...well...old habits die hard.

For someone who has gone from Non-Sport to Sport seats, was it really worth the cost?

I seem to have relatively uncommon interior color (Saddle Brown) so sport seat options are few and far between. My options seem to either be to live with mismatched front seats or spend around $900-1,200 for the Saddle Brown seats and none of them seem to be in as good of shape as the ones I have now. I don't want to lose the heated/electronically adjusted seats nor do I want to deal with tears/stains.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:29 PM   #2
cerealwars
Riffraff
Rep
Drives: 128i 6M, 1UZ S13, '62 C10

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruzin View Post
Heya folks!

I was in the market for an e91 and ended up pulling the trigger on a friend's as I knew it's history back to new and know that it was never beat on and was well kept. (plus I got it for $2-3k below market)

Unfortunately, it's a non-Sport model and while this car is really for family hauling duties (I have an e46 M3 for spirited driving) I do notice the lack of lateral support in the seats. I shouldn't be driving that quickly but...well...old habits die hard.

For someone who has gone from Non-Sport to Sport seats, was it really worth the cost?

I seem to have relatively uncommon interior color (Saddle Brown) so sport seat options are few and far between. My options seem to either be to live with mismatched front seats or spend around $900-1,200 for the Saddle Brown seats and none of them seem to be in as good of shape as the ones I have now. I don't want to lose the heated/electronically adjusted seats nor do I want to deal with tears/stains.
128i guy here, I bought a base manual car and converted my car to the sport suspension and seats.

Seats were nearly $600, I was hesitant to spend that much because I'm a cheapass. But i did it, and I would do it again without thinking twice. Sounds like you drive like I do. I didn't think to stock seats were all that bad, but after one drive with the sports seats, I could never go back. The lumbar support is also life-changing if you have a bad back. Best car seats I have ever sat in. No joke, one of my favorite parts of the car.

Congrats on your e91. You probably know this, but e90/e91 seats supposedly have different mount spacing from e82/e92.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:49 PM   #3
SantaCruzin
BMW Addict
Rep

Legend, appreciate the reply mate.

I've gone back and forth a dozen times. I was about to pull the trigger on a set for $900 but balked, telling myself that if my kids are in the back being flung about, I shouldn't be swaddled in comfort up front. It would be my sign to slow down.

But last night I drove over highway 17 here in California for an appointment which is about 9 miles of turns at 55 mph. I was slip sliding around quite a bit...

Damn this car hobby!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:49 PM   #4
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Ive tried many cars in my life, and for ''standard'' seats , they are the most comfy one.

lumbar support on point, adjustable leg support and adjustable bolster are awesome .

Depending where you're from, those a quite frequent on market, in good shape and cheap. E9x are getting old !

swap is quite easy.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:46 PM   #5
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Yes, yes, hard to find, but very much worth it! I went through the same upgrade.

From a E91 Saddle Brown owner.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:55 PM   #6
SantaCruzin
BMW Addict
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Yes, yes, hard to find, but very much worth it! I went through the same upgrade.

From a E91 Saddle Brown owner.
Thanks for that input! Do you mind if I ask what you paid? I found a set that I can get for $600, but they're charging $300 freight to get it across the country. FWIW, I need them to be LCI, heated, and with electric adjustment.
Appreciate 0