E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Single turbo first log - overboosting and Hpfp below 10

05-19-2021, 03:08 PM   #1
chiefsotos
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 E93

Single turbo first log - overboosting and Hpfp below 10

Hello, i just complete the docrace single turbo upgrade to my car.
It is a 2008 E93 335 MT and the kit is the docrace top mount 6466 precision ball bearing which came with two turbosmart comp 40 wastegates.
I have stock lpfp and hpfp and running shell vpower racing 100ron.

My hp goal is only for pump gas, so map 1 or 2 for daily and map 3 for once a month.

I upload the backend flash with mhd and control it with jb4 and mac 3 port solenoid.
I upload the 30/139//2 firmware version at jb4.
The turbosmart wastegates came with 2 springs of 7psi each that means 14psi springs at each wastegate.

I asked a year ago which spring should i run (14psi default) or 7psi and one member told me that turbosmart doesn't overboost like tial so i should leave it as it was.
I made some datalogs to see how it goes.
My jb4 user settings are:
Duty bias at 50
FF at 20
DWP at 75

In both map 1 and map 2 the boost reached 19psi and stayed there.
If i new that turbosmart wastegates overboost like that i would have installed only the 7psi spring.
-I checked the mac solenoid and it does make clik with map1-engine of-pressing gas petal.
-I checked the wastegates solenoids and goes from the bottom of them -to the turbo- to the mac solenoid port1 and from the top of wastegates to mac port 2.
-I tried to connect only the bottom of the wastegates to the turbo without mac solenoid interfering and again the datalog so 18+psi of boost.
-I tried to connect the top of the wastegates to the turbo (to eliminate the wrong connection) and boost reached 24+psi in 2nd gear and left of the throttle.
-The only thing i haven't tried is to connect bottom of wastegates with mac port 2 and top of wastegates to mac port 1 (to eliminate the possibility of inverted mac solenoid ports)

Any other ideas why i overboost so much (5 Psi more than springs)?

Another issue is fueling...

After 5500rpm the hpfp dropped below 9 so i know i have fuel issues.
I already have a stage 2+ bucketless lpfp sitting at home 3 years now, but haven't got time to install it, maybe in a month i will.
I also noticed that with map 2 when the rpm goes 3500 and boost climps up the hpfp drops below 8 and reaches 6 at 3900 and then climp up again.
Should upgraded lpfp solved that problems or is it hpfp problem?
Should i have a faulty low pressure fuel sensor?

Is there any setting at jb4 map2 to make boost more stable at 17psi?
(I was thinking to drop down dwp from 75 to 60.)
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:22 PM   #2
what335is
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Hi, I’m running the same setup right now and I have the same issue, making ~20psi when I should be at gate pressure. I have verified functionality of the wastegates & all my plumbing is correct.

What did you do to resolve this issue?
Thank you
Appreciate 0